Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Specifics about the tools being used

When you created the landscape-y image, what application did you use? What file types does it generate? Can those file types be used in Flash as things that can then be animated? Is there a way to change the quality of the images or does the app not allow that sort of control? What sorts of variation on this theme (the mountains and landscape features) are possible? Can you provide some different versions (especially if you've already made them)? What I'm getting at is, how flexible is this tool?

1 comment:

scottperdue said...

I imported your original image into Photoshop, added the effects, and saved it as both a PSD (Photoshop file with layers) and a JPG (for posting online).

This particular image is not the least bit flexible - it's very small and cannot be scaled without major pixelation. I simply created this as a teaser to see if I was headed in the right direction. Since I am, I'll start over with a much higher quality image that can be scaled.

Also, in working on this still image, I had an epiphany of how I could possibly animate it in Flash. After I come up with my new high-resolution version of the image, I'll look more into animating it.